Saturday, January 07, 2006

Frozen Surfers

Photo courtesy of South Shore Surfing
Some of the activities that my nephew Michael, who is 14 years old, likes are skateboarding, snowboarding and surfing. When I saw Michael at Christmas and we were looking at blogs, I showed him a really nice picture that I liked of two boys from Sugar Mountain Farm snowboarding and asked him if been doing any snowboarding now that the surfing and skateboarding seasons were over. He told me that he was still surfing. What!!! I like winter, and I like the ocean, but the thought of going into the ocean when there is snow on the ground seems a little extreme to me, but not to Michael and his friends. So if you are like me and you think that boys in this area of the country spend their free time during winter, playing hockey, skiing, snowboarding and throwing snowballs at passing cars you would be right, but some boys are also surfing in the ocean. Brrrrrrrr.
These frozen surfers have set up a site with more photos of their winter surfing adventures at
http://www.worldisround.com/articles/263836/index.html.


1 comment: