In the previous two days since I plugged the cold-frame leaks, it has not gotten warm enough in the cold-frame to determine if the automatic vent mentioned in this POST worked. This morning I was watching the remote thermometer, but got distracted. When I remembered it and looked it was 92F! Fearing that the plants inside would start to cook and also a little disappointed that the vent hadn't worked, I ran out to open the cold-frame lid. As soon as I got out. I realized why the vent hadn't worked. Just an hour earlier I'd put a brick on top of the vent window to push the main window tighter against the foam rubber. Somehow I didn't realize that this was not a smart move at the time. I took the brick off and the vent window popped open. When the sun went in and the cold-frame temperature dropped back into the 70s the window closed. Yipee it actually seems to work I'll be checking it over the next few days to insure that it's continues to work before I'll trust it enough to go off to work on a sunny day and lets it do it's job. Below you can see how it's opened just a little crack. The amount that the window opens seem related to the temperature rather than just being all the way opened or closed.
The vent is adjustable. The present setting seems to open it when it reaches the low 80s. I'm not sure if that is too cool, too warm or just right. I'll have to see how the plants do.
What's blooming inside today,
and what's blooming outside today.