Wednesday, October 24, 2007

dahlias with bees

This year someone gave me some of their extra dahlia tubers. I ended up with showy dinner plate sized yellow ones, spiky burgundy ones and my favorite one, a salmon with petals that curl. I'm now hooked on dahlias and will save and replant the tubers next year. I took these photos a couple of weeks ago before the frost turned the plants black.

I am happy to see that the honey bees like dahlias too. After taking this photo and seeing it on the computer, I noticed that the bee on the left has ragged wings. I'm guessing it's an older bee. It seemed a little sad. I doubt it will survive the winter. To see the wings more clearly, click on the photo.


click on photo to enlarge



1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:49 PM

    I love dahlias. Your dahlias looks so beautiful. Wonderful color.I am going to plant some dahlias this year.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete